At Beaufort Dental Care, we are experts in replacing teeth. Using the latest dental technology, we can help you achieve a beautiful, natural smile.
What is a dental implant?
A dental implant is a fixed solution for one or more missing teeth and can help restore both your smile and your quality of life.
An implant is made up of an artificial titanium root that is fixed to the jaw, and an abutment, made from titanium, gold or porcelain, which fits to the implant and attaches the crown, bridge or denture fitted on top.
If you are concerned about your replacement teeth looking realistic or coming loose, dental implants are an ideal option. They are crafted to look and feel just like natural teeth.
Teeth implants also safeguard your overall dental health. Replacing missing teeth is extremely important, as missing teeth cause bone loss which can age your face and could potentially cause adjacent teeth to become loose too.
The benefits of dental implants
· Implants look and feel just like natural teeth.
· Implants provide permanent stability and comfort without affecting healthy teeth.
· Implants won’t come loose or fall out.
· Implants can last for many years if you maintain good oral hygiene.
· Implants prevent ageing bone loss, by stimulating your bone structure and stabilising the surrounding teeth.
Types of dental implant
There are several different types of implant available, depending on your needs. You will also be able to select from a range of different materials and varying degrees of personalised crafting, offering a range of solutions from a functional replacement tooth, to a more aesthetic result to blend with your natural teeth. Your dentist will discuss all the options with you to find the best solution.